Chocolate chip cookies
These chocolate chip cookings with melt the heart of your Valentine - and the kids love them too!
Make up a batch or two and pop them into decorated containers for a Valentine Gift made with love.
Here's another great idea... Let the kids take them to school for their teacher on Valentine's Day.
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons(2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs<
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture; stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate dough until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180-degrees C.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2cm apart on baking sheets. Bake in batches until cookies are golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.