Here's a quick and easy lunch for the kids after they come home from school.
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 avocado, finely diced
½ cup buttermilk
225ml sifted flour
40g grated cheddar cheese
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
2 small carrots, peeled and grated
2 medium marrows, grated
½ onion, finely chopped
2 parsley, finely chopped
½ lime, juiced
Olive oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Using your hands, squeeze out excess moisture from baby marrow and place in a large bowl.
- Add carrot, corn and cheddar and mix until well combined.
- Stir in flour.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk and salt and pepper together in a jug.
- Add to vegetable mixture and mix until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Use ¼ cup as a measuring guide for the fritters when pouring the mixture into the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden and firm Transfer to a wire rack and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining fritters.
- Serve with salsa.